• Realise the full potential of your DMX network.
• An 8-port, fully-isolated splitter that is totally DMX/RDM compatible, allowing you to realise the potential of any DMX network while retaining the full ability for RDM devices to talk back to a controller.
• Allow DMX and RDM
Normal mode: Splitter actively repeats RDM traffic bidirectionally while level information goes from controller to DMX devices as usual.
• Filter RDM
Filter Mode: Single button-press allows all RDM traffic to be filtered out, for legacy devices which might flicker if they saw the messages on the line.
• Bypass mode
– Bypass Mode: Another button bypasses intelligent RDM functionality completely to work as a traditional DMX splitter would.
– Also has 1000V isolation between input and output, and between any individual output receptacles.
– This protects your console from surges on the DMX line, and also keeps any stray voltage from crossing to other DMX chains.
• Input & ouptuts
– 1 DMX 5-pin for DMX Input.
– And 8 x 5-pin DMX outputs for greater flexibility.
– Fully compliant with ESTA and USITT standards for DMX512A with RDM and RDM Standard ANSI E1.37-1.
• Connect and extend
– Instead of having to make them all fit within a single daisy chain, each of the four outputs from the RDS8 can be the start of its own chain, and multiple RDS8 can be linked together if needed.
– Featuring an internal auto-ranging power supply, the RDS8 is also 19-inch rack mountable with the included mounting ears.